Total Pageviews

Total Pageviews

Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Why I'm Doing This

I'm a nerd. I'll just throw that out there. I like school, my favorite subjects are math, science, and English. This is what I do for fun. I'm doing this because I want to do something unique. I don't think that there's a lot of middle schoolers with blogs. Honestly, I hope that this blows up. I hope that it has thousands of views a day. But I know that'll that's not likely. I just hope that someone reads this, and that it's not just my family.

I really like to write.  I haven't won any big contests, and I haven't been published, but I have recently won a contest just within my school with a poem titled "The Ocean." I've typed it below, in case anyone wants to read it.


"The Ocean,
Waves of deepest blue.
A sunny day,
 Clear and calm,
Gentle,
Kind.

The dark of night,
Monstrous,
Sealing,
Holding,
In it's deathly bind.

The land.
Our roots.
They call to most.
But of me they will never take their hold.
Calling loudly as they may,
The ocean I will seek one day!

Landlocked.
Hopeless.
But one day I will run,
I will escape...
To cast my life among the sea,
My only chance of being free."

I also really like to listen to music. I like bands and artists that sing about something with feeling. Something human. Not just their experience at a party, or how they broke up with their boyfriend, and then what him back, like in Cher Lloyd's "Want You Back."  The exact lyrics are "...I thought you'd still be mine, when I kissed you goodbye..."  If I could go up to her in the song and say, "You broke up with him.  He's free to date other women," I would.  Actually, I wouldn't.  I'd chicken out.  For those of you who are fans of Cher Lloyd, this is the only thing I have against her.  She has a great voice, I love her fashion style, and her music videos are amazing, without being over the top.  For some people, like Katy Perry, big, and bold, and exotic, and sometimes over the top works, but Cher Lloyd has it all under control.  It's a shame that she's not that famous in the U.S. as she is in England.

As far as artists go, I really like Ellie Golding.  She has such a unique voice, and she's so good!  My favorite song by her is "Anything Can Happen"  It's amazing!  She shows so much emotion, and you can really tell she believs every word she's singing.  The music video is also fantastic!  


I also really like alternative rock, and pop punk.  Bands like Fall Out Boy and Imagine Dragons are what I listen to the most.  

No comments:

Post a Comment