Total Pageviews

Total Pageviews

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Day Two

Wow!  This is my second day doing this, and I already have 21 page views!  (At least 5 of them were me, checking out how other people would see my blog.)  So, how did you like my last post?  Was my poem any good?  What do you want me to write about?  I can do book reviews, but keep in mind, I'm twelve, so I can't read everything.  I can also post some of my writing, if you liked my poem.  Comment some suggestions.  Even if I don't post every day, I'll try to check for comments and page views.

 For today, I'll start with a book review.  Right now, I'm re-reading Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card.  It's about a boy named Andrew "Ender" Wiggin who lives about two hundred years into the future.  All of the events are taking place after two invasions by the Formics, also known as Buggers.  During the invasions, an military called the International Fleet (I.F.) was created, and is basically an army to represent Earth.  The I.F. has created an academy located in space called Battle School where they launch the brightest and the best kids to train to be military commanders.  Ender is one of the ones that gets launched.  He is a third child, and his murderous brother Peter (4 years older) and loving sister Valentine (2 years older) didn't make it into the program.  The books starts out when Ender is 6, and follows him until he is twelve.  I first read this when I was a few months from turning eleven, but I didn't fully understand it then.  I would recommend it to middle and high-schoolers.  It's a really amazing book, extremely well written.   It also has like 15 or 16 sequels, and another one is coming out this fall.

Please comment if you actually read this.  I really want to know how I'm doing.

Nikole

No comments:

Post a Comment