Total Pageviews

Total Pageviews

Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 12, 2014

My Writing, and my Cat

Sup!  Long time no see!  I'm so happy finals are over!  This was my first year taking them, and it was worse then being Irish danced to death ;-)  Not like that's ever happened to me, but I can imagine that it would not be pleasant.  Lately, I've been really into drawing anime.  It started when I was in my mom's office at the hospital that she works at, and I wanted to draw something.  For some reason, all the how to draw sites were blocked... I wonder why... so I Googled anime, and I just started drawing.  I haven't drew anything amazing yet, but I'll post a pic when a really one pops up.

A few days ago, I got an account on wattpad.  It's a really cool site, where you can read novels that are user contributed.  I haven't added anything yet, but I'm thinking of adding this story that I'm working on about three siblings.  The older is Ginni, and the younger twins are Adrien and Quincy.  They just moved from London to Chicago, and they're dealing with life.  That's the first part.  In that section, Adrien and Quincy are in 4th grade, and Ginni is in 6th.  It starts out with a couple of flashbacks from when they were younger, and still living in London.  I had the first 5 chapters done, and was working on the 6th, but now I have a problem with my computer and it's at the help desk at my school.  Sucks, right?  I have part of it on Dropbox, so I'll include the first chapter at the end of this post.

Today is my cat Lily's 1st birthday!  I'm so happy for her.  The sad thing is that both my parents work full time, so I'm with my sister and my grandpa at his house, and Lily is at my house all alone.  I made this really cute flipgram on my phone to honor her special day.

Here's the first chapter of my story:

Chapter 1: The Family Penguin 
My name is Adrien. Just in case you’re having any doubts, I’m completely normal. The only 
thing remotely interesting about me is that I lived in England until I was nine years old. I’ve got a twin 
brother and an older sister. I’ve got a mum and a dad. I live in a nice flat in Chicago with my family. I’ve 
even got a little gray tabby named Penguin. He got his name about five years back, when we first found 
him. I was six years old and didn’t know any better, so I thought the he was a penguin. Here’s how it 
happened: 
I was walking home from school with Ginni (my older sister) and Quincy (my twin brother), and I 
saw a little black creature with a white bow shaped marking on its chest. Since we were learning about 
penguins in school, I, just like any other six year old would, thought it was a penguin. When I asked 
Ginni if we could keep it, she just laughed and said sure, we’ll bring the penguin home. When we got 
home, Quincy and I showed Mum, who simply went with it. This was not the first time that one of us 
had brought something odd home. 
“As first order of business,” I remember her saying, “we will give the penguin a nice warm bath, 
and then we will look about why this penguin was so from home,” 
And that’s exactly what we did. At first, he squirmed a lot, and might have hissed, but if he did, 
then nobody heard it because we were all screaming and trying to keep the Penguin in the bathtub, but 
eventually, we got him clean. I think it was Quincy that noticed first that it was gray. 
“Look,” I remember him saying, “He’s gray,” 
“Then he’s not a penguin,” I remember Ginni interrupting. At the time, she was eight, and 
thought that she was loads better then Quincy and I, “Penguins are only black and white, and sometimes 
have little yellow stripes. Also, penguins do not have fur,” 
That’s when I started crying. I was really sad that we hadn’t found a penguin. 
“Look,” Mum started, “I think that it’s a-” 
That was the exact moment that Dad decided to come home from his job at the bank. He was 
the president of the bank, and Mum thought literature at the university. 
“What the-” 
“Ronald, the children are present!” Mum shushed at Dad. That’s how it usually went when dad 
got angry. He would start to say something that Ginni, Quincy and I weren’t supposed to hear, and 
Mum would stop him just before he said it. 
“Sorry,” he murmured, “Why is there a wet kitten in the bathtub?” 
“I found it!” I started, 
“And then she thought that it was a penguin. What a moron,” Ginni finished. “Ginni, don’t call your sister mean names,” Mum scolded. 
“Mum, I wasn’t being mean, I was just stating the truth, and as her loving sister, I owe her that 
much,” Ginni might have been eight, but she could talk her way through almost anything. At school it 
worked, but at home, she usually got in trouble. 
“Don’t be smart with me, Ginneva!” 
“Can we keep it?” I asked excitedly. 
“Sure, why not?” Mum said, 
“I don’t see how it could do any harm,” Dad answered, a little more reluctant then Mum. 
“It still looks like a penguin to me,” I said. 
“We can think of names later, Adrien,” Mum shushed. 
“We need to take it to the vet,” Quincy stated, even when he was six, he was smart. Sadly, my 
talent didn’t reveal itself like Ginni’s and Quincy’s did. I found mine two years later, at a family reunion 
in Sydney. 

Please comment.  I really want to see if anyone's reading this.

~Niko

No comments:

Post a Comment